Vice-President, Project Development & Construction
Sabina Gold & Silver Corp. (“Sabina” or the “Company”) is a Canadian precious metals company on track to become a mid-tier gold producer. The Company has a portfolio of properties in Canada at different stages of development. Our flagship project, the Back River Gold Project, is located in Nunavut. Through our Nunavut assets, Sabina is evolving from a successful exploration company to a developer. Sabina is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (“SBB”).
Reporting to President and Chief Executive (the “CEO”), the VP Project Development & Construction will be responsible to deliver the construction of the Initial Project Back River Gold Mine, on time and on budget with a fit for purpose strategy.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
The term of the employment is project-based and will be limited to the duration of the development and construction of the Back River Gold Project as defined by the Company. Employment will be full-time for the term of the project.
In this position the Vice President, Project Development & Construction will:
- Be responsible for the direction, management and development of all aspects of the Back River Construction Project, consistent with the Company’s guidelines and standards on time and on budget at the right quality while ensuring optimal value creation of the project;
- Lead a multi-disciplinary owners team to advance the project including through detailed engineering, procurement, EPCM/EPM negotiations, construction and commissioning;
- Develop effective implementation plans, including execution schedule, project contracting, HS&E plans, quality management, project controls and operational readiness;
- Manage external consultants to ensure development of a fit for purpose project;
- Ensure the use of effective project control tools that enable management of budget, schedule and risk in accordance with Company policies and procedures established under the direction of the VP Finance and CFO;
- Manage the project development, logistics and site exploration operations teams by promoting a safe, strong performance culture;
- Deliver regular updates to the Executive management team and board of directors;
- Development of a team of direct reports capable of delivering the Company’s strategic and tactical objectives for development, construction and future mine operations, including assessment of staffing needs, training, mentoring, and performance assessment; and
- Such other duties as are assigned by the CEO from time to time and as are customarily performed by an executive in this role.
The position is based at Sabina’s Head Office in Vancouver, and at the mining site at Back River, Nunavut, Canada (approximately 600 km northeast of Yellowknife, NWT, Canada), with other travel as required. The position may be based primarily at the mining site for the duration of the construction period.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Applied Sciences or Reliability Engineering and Project Management or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Preference for a Registered Professional Engineer (preferably in both BC and NWT/Nunavut);
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant mining industry experience in a senior management role in mine operations, mine construction and project management;
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to lead operations teams, strong coaching and mentoring skills and the ability to create and maintain a culture of excellence.
- Salary range of $220,000 to $390,000 (Canadian dollars) commensurate with experience;
- Eligible for company group benefits including medical, dental, extended health, group life insurance and long-term disability insurance;
- Eligible for stock options in accordance with company policy and stock option plan;
- Eligible for performance-based annual bonus and project-based completion bonus.