VP Exploration – Vancouver, BC
The VP Exploration role will lead all exploration for the Company. The VP Exploration will identify, recommend, acquire and optimize mineral prospects that meet the Company’s growth criteria globally.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
- Responsibility for all the exploration activities of the Company and review and evaluation of potential new projects and opportunities;
- Preparation and execution of exploration strategy at all levels, plans and budgets including managing contractors and suppliers where required;
- Working with the CEO, COO and CFO, the preparation and management of all financial reporting including budgeting, cost structuring, cost and expenditure control related to the preparation and execution of exploration programs at all levels;
- Provide timely reports as required to the Company’s executive committee, board of directors, joint venture management committee and technical sub-committee;
- Oversee the compilation of exploration results following NI 43-101 guidelines;
- Ensure all exploration information is collected and stored at the Mine in accordance with industry best practices including drill core, assay data, geological core logging, sampling results, geophysics data, structural interpretations and other information as required;
- Work with the COO to prepare investor communications regarding exploration including news releases, investor presentations and web site content;
- Act as a Qualified Person for the Company for exploration related disclosures including news releases, annual information forms, quarterly filings, technical reports and other items as required;
- Develop objectives and key results for the Company’s exploration program to be measured and reported against progress on a regular basis;
- Provide corporate due diligence services with respect to potential acquisition or merger targets from time to time as required;
- Ability to lead and train geologists and develop an excellent team environment,guiding their activities to ensure success
- Take an active role in implementing the company’s safety protocols in-country, as it relates to exploration industry best practice;
- Other work as assigned or directed by the Company’s Chief Operating Officer.
- Geologist with a minimum of 15 years of increasingly senior experience in mineral exploration, including significant field work and exploration camp experience;
- Ideally this individual will have brownfields and in-mine exploration experience;
- Prior experience in a similar role at a similar level, preferably with previous expatriate roles;
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology;
- Qualified Person in accordance with NI43-101 guidelines;
- Ability to work a significant portion of the time in the field;
- Extremely driven, proactive, determined, detailed and focused on execution, willing to travel wherever required in order to review different and alternative projects, if any and if required, also in areas not related with the current company’s area of operation;
- A leader, with demonstrated ability to communicate with and develop national geologists ‘on the ground’ as well as high level corporate communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience in a variety of precious metal deposit styles and terranes is required, but with a focus on orogenic gold deposits is highly regarded and experience with structural mapping and geological interpretation of orogenic gold deposits.
Vancouver based with extended travel required to site and any other projects assigned by Vancouver office.