VP of Finance/Controller
Rock Construction & Mining Inc. is seeking an experienced, Manager of Accounting & Finance/Controller to work in the Contracting, Mining, and Heavy Construction industries. The controller will have responsibility for the management of overall financial operations and will work to provide accurate information to the Owner including analysis, job costing, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage accounting operations including journal entries, reviewing payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and statutory reporting.
- Job Costing, budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare all required financial statements including supplemental financial reports on a periodic basis as requested.
- Manage all internal and external financial audits, tax audits or compliance audits.
- Guarantee compliance with all contractual reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the overall internal financial controls throughout the organization.
- Provide daily job costing reports to Management.
- Oversee banking and cash flows for the company and provide cash flow forecasts.
- Work with external accountants.
- Manage contact with CRA and provincial regulators.
- Prepare, analyze and present monthly, quarterly and annual operating results for the Owner.
- Generate reports of performance against budgets.
- Ensure rapid and consistent collection of receivable.
- Other related duties and required or assigned.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA).
- Detailed accounting knowledge of GL, job costing, A/P, A/R, payroll, capital asset, budgeting & financial reporting, and cash management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and ERP experience
- A contracting background is an asset, i.e. experience in Construction and/or Mining.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to effectively prioritize and adapt in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Proven strategic thinking, bottom-line, results-oriented approach.
Competitive salary and benefit package. We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.